MMOBugs MacroQuest2 FAQ - Please Read

Is there a function built into the website that allows me to search for questions on my own? I'd like to be able to find some answers but i haven't a clue where to go?? what should i do? i've tried everything from auctioning in the chatbox to asking fry for nodelay...is seems as tho nothing ever goes my way...if only there was somewhere i could go to look for these answers...ahh buttfuckit...i digress...i'll just pm kodylinn...cheers M8 n Deuces /snickers.

Thanks for the reference to MQ2TaskAddAccept, but now I am having a huge problem...I can not see any thing on two out of three of my PC's the game loads...the UI is there but I am blind in game..cant see any thing..

this is my Macroquest INI. I had unload the mq2fog and mq2viewport which I was using..I was getting an error on the viewport plug in at log in. but it went away some thing a bout /view port x y blah blah but i unloaded both of those and it is still blind of my two computers. Like I said I can see the UI and i type'd /switch 1 in guild hall and zoned into guild lobby but that did not fix it. even /faded in lobby

[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=mq2mmobugs
mq2advbeep=mq2advbeep
mq2advpath=mq2advpath
mq2autoaccepttrades=mq2autoaccepttrades
mq2autobuff=mq2autobuff
mq2autogroup=mq2autogroup
mq2autorez=mq2autorez
mq2autoskills=mq2autoskills
mq2bandolier=mq2bandolier
mq2bardswap=mq2bardswap
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2casttimer=mq2casttimer
mq2cecho=mq2cecho
mq2chatfilter=mq2chatfilter
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2clickies=mq2clickies
mq2clickmaint=mq2clickmaint
mq2cloot=mq2cloot
mq2compassutils=mq2compassutils
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2debuffs=mq2debuffs
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2docrackn=mq2docrackn
mq2doors=mq2doors
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2eqim=mq2eqim
mq2etrack=mq2etrack
mq2events=mq2events
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2filterset=mq2filterset
mq2focii=mq2focii
mq2getmission=mq2getmission
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2hoverinfo=mq2hoverinfo
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2instancekill=mq2instancekill
mq2irc=mq2irc
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2krust=mq2krust
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2log=mq2log
mq2loops=mq2loops
mq2map=mq2map
mq2mastermind=mq2mastermind
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2missing=mq2missing
mq2mmofastmem=mq2mmofastmem
mq2mmopopup=mq2mmopopup
mq2mmowarp=mq2mmowarp
mq2mmoxp=mq2mmoxp
mq2movementrecorder=mq2movementrecorder
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2moveutilsb=mq2moveutilsb
mq2namesay=mq2namesay
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2netheal=mq2netheal
mq2nostun=mq2nostun
mq2nosummon=mq2nosummon
mq2otd=mq2otd
mq2pcsafety=mq2pcsafety
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2radar=mq2radar
mq2reachit=mq2reachit
mq2relaytells=mq2relaytells
mq2reward=mq2reward
mq2rez=mq2rez
mq2spawnmaster=mq2spawnmaster
mq2speedutils=mq2speedutils
mq2spellhotkeys=mq2spellhotkeys
mq2spellsearch=mq2spellsearch
mq2spelltimer=mq2spelltimer
mq2stealth=mq2stealth
mq2supercast=mq2supercast
mq2targets=mq2targets
mq2taskaddaccept=mq2taskaddaccept
mq2tasktlo=mq2tasktlo
mq2telnet=mq2telnet
mq2timer=mq2timer
mq2timercolor=mq2timercolor
mq2timestamp=mq2timestamp
mq2twist=mq2twist
mq2vladutil=mq2vladutil
mq2web=mq2web
mq2xptracker=mq2xptracker

omg how many plugins you have loaded ))

i guess its a viewport problem,even if you unloaded mq2viewport,did you manually reset your viewport with /viewport 0 0 x y ingame?

try /viewport reset

i have to reset mine quite often especially if i camp and tab out before its finished.

AASpend Names and Numbers

I have been looking for a way to get AASpend to work correctly by setting up a list for the auto function, but every time I try to get the one I want into the list it comes back to tell me that I have an "Invalid ability name and or Auto Number".

Is there a list of the Ability Numbers readily available that a person can quickly reference or perhaps a quick example of how to get the name in there in such a way that it will work?

The syntax I have been trying (based on what I have read so far) is:
Code:
/aaspend setauto "Crippling Strike"

Since this is obviously NOT the right way, what do I need to do for this?

Is there a function built into the website that allows me to search for questions on my own? I'd like to be able to find some answers but i haven't a clue where to go?? what should i do? i've tried everything from auctioning in the chatbox to asking fry for nodelay...is seems as tho nothing ever goes my way...if only there was somewhere i could go to look for these answers...ahh buttfuckit...i digress...i'll just pm kodylinn...cheers M8 n Deuces /snickers.
Silly question, but did you try the "search" tab on the top menu bar? It's right under the MMOBugs banner at the top of every page...

Fifth one from the right, to be exact.

I have been looking for a way to get AASpend to work correctly by setting up a list for the auto function, but every time I try to get the one I want into the list it comes back to tell me that I have an "Invalid ability name and or Auto Number".

Is there a list of the Ability Numbers readily available that a person can quickly reference or perhaps a quick example of how to get the name in there in such a way that it will work?

The syntax I have been trying (based on what I have read so far) is:
Code:
/aaspend setauto "Crippling Strike"

Since this is obviously NOT the right way, what do I need to do for this?

If you want this to be the first aa it auto spends,

/aaspend setauto "Crippling Strike" 1

or change the number to whatever between 1 and 10. Works great. Just can't get an ini to work to save the list, but have hotkeys, will autospend!

Ok I know I am going to feel stupid, but I spent a few hours in eq, and browsing.searching forums..and I read the faq. I have used mq2pop, but not really mq2target. I wanted to say watch for quillmane in sk, so I /watch add quillmane. Or is it /watch add quillmane npc?

I couldn't figure out wtf, so i went to qeynos. I KNOW fippy spawns theree regularly, so I /watch add fippy darkpaw and he popped, shouted to zone. No notifications, or msgs. So /watch add fippy darkpaw npc. Nothing again.

I feel dumb, maybe it is because it is 4 am... what is the deal with this plugin.

Ok I know I am going to feel stupid, but I spent a few hours in eq, and browsing.searching forums..and I read the faq. I have used mq2pop, but not really mq2target. I wanted to say watch for quillmane in sk, so I /watch add quillmane. Or is it /watch add quillmane npc?

I couldn't figure out wtf, so i went to qeynos. I KNOW fippy spawns theree regularly, so I /watch add fippy darkpaw and he popped, shouted to zone. No notifications, or msgs. So /watch add fippy darkpaw npc. Nothing again.

I feel dumb, maybe it is because it is 4 am... what is the deal with this plugin.

I think you're wanting (from the MQ2Targets portion of this thread):

Replace "add" with "notify" and it will do a popup for each spawn
matching your search string

So, try /watch notify darkpaw

yeah, didnt want the popup, but I found where it displays the info, on my hud, Thanks.

Also, I am using mapfilter, and I cannot recall how to select what npcs to show. IE, I want to not see grey or green con mobs on map, just the others. Is this possible? /mapfilter npcconcolor green doesn't work, I tried mapfilter custom npcconcolor blah blah, and a variety of commands. I cannot recall if I worked it before... and after a little while in game messing with it, I came here. Only 1 post really on this in forums, and the guy could not see any mobs... so anyone got a tip?

Also, I am using mapfilter, and I cannot recall how to select what npcs to show. IE, I want to not see grey or green con mobs on map, just the others. Is this possible? /mapfilter npcconcolor green doesn't work, I tried mapfilter custom npcconcolor blah blah, and a variety of commands. I cannot recall if I worked it before... and after a little while in game messing with it, I came here. Only 1 post really on this in forums, and the guy could not see any mobs... so anyone got a tip?

I believe what the previous poster was trying to say is your in the wrong section. If you want help with a plugin please use the search button or the SEARCH Button and if that don't work try the SEARCH BUTTON!!!! to find your answers. Then if you don't find it try starting your OWN thread in the general questions plugin help section of the MMOBugs forum. and what you are looking for in this obviously outdated post was /mapfilter custom thingyouwanthere

Last edited:
Didnt even have to use search really, I always check the FAQ for stuff i forget, I believe everything u need for map related stuff is right there (1st page of this thread

Commands:
/mapfilter - shows current settings
/mapfilter help - show help
/mapfilter all - enables/disables all map functions
/mapfilter pc - toggles displaying PCs
/mapfilter pcconcolor - toggles displaying PCs in considered colors
/mapfilter group - toggles displaying group members in specific color
/mapfilter mount - toggles showing mounts
/mapfilter npc - toggles showing NPCs
/mapfliter npcconcolor - toggles displaying NPCs in considered colors
/mapfilter untargetable - toggles displaying untargetable NPCs
/mapfilter pet - toggles displaying pets
/mapfilter corpse - toggles displaying corpses (global - still need pccorpse and/or npccorpse option set)
/mapfilter chest - toggles displaying chests
/mapfilter trigger - toggles displaying triggers
/mapfilter trap - toggles displaying traps
/mapfilter timer - toggles displaying hidden timers
/mapfilter ground - toggles displaying ground items
/mapfliter target - toggles displaying your target
/mapfilter targetline - toggles displaying a line to your target
/mapfilter targetradius # - sets radius of a circle around your target to # (set to 0 to disable)
/mapfilter targetmelee # - draws a melee range circle around your target (set to 0 to disable)
/mapfilter vector - toggles displaying heading vectors
/mapfilter custom # - sets a custom filter (omit # to disable)
/mapfilter castradius # - sets radius of casting circle to # (0 to disable)
/mapfilter normallabels - toggles non-MQ2 label display
/mapfilter menu - toggles allowing display of right-click context menu
/mapfilter spellradius # - sets radius of 2nd casting circle to # (0 to disable)
/mapfilter aura - toggles displaying auras
/mapfilter object - toggles displaying inanimate objects
/mapfilter banner - toggles displaying banners
/mapfilter campfire - toggles displaying campfires
/mapfilter pccorpse - toggles displaying PC corpses (corpse option above has to be on)
/mapfilter npccorpse - toggles displaying NPC corpses (corpse option above has to be on)
/mapfilter mercenary - toggles displaying mercenaries
/mapfilter named - toggles displaying named NPCs

To set color for a particular option: /mapfilter 'option' color [r g b]. Omit r/g/b to reset to default. Example: /mapfilter named color 255 255 0

/mapfilter custom npc range 40 65 - Displays all npcs of level range 40 to 65
/mapfilter custom npc range 60 65 radius 50 - Displays all npcs of level 60 to 65 within a radius of 50

MQ2CharNotes is the last thing you can see on the front page of the WIKI. I tried it on 2 different computers it used to show all the plugins. Can someone please address this as its very helpful =-) Thanks

run speed

can anyone tell me how to set activate and set the run speed on a character please

can anyone tell me how to set activate and set the run speed on a character please
I am not sure what you mean by 'set activate'. If you mean to use it (the command), I'll tell you here (read on).

For run speed, you pick which plugin you want to use:

MQ2SpeedUtils: See the MQ2SpeedUtils wiki

-or-

MQ2WickedSpeed: See the MQ2WickedSpeed wiki

I recommend MQ2SpeedUtils, currently.

First, in game, load the plugin. Type: /plugin mq2speedutils

From then on, you control your speed with the /speed command.

Your default run speed is 0.7. Just play around with it, and get a speed you feel comfortable with, that isn't giving you away to other people in game (i.e., be reasonable).

/speed 1
/speed 1.2
/speed 0.8

Those are examples. Remember, to set your speed back to default, type: /speed 0.7

htw

MQ2Map & MQ2WinTitle

Having 2 problems with plugins atm:

1) MQ2Map *used to* have a TargetLine. The option is still there, but it hasn't worked (for me) for some time, with no changes to the INI file. I spent quite a lot of time trying to get it to work again (including changing the color of the line) to no avail. Any ideas?

2) I spent Sunday "auditing" my plugins. I added MQ2WinTitle and could no longer zone - all attempts to zone resulted in a crash to desktop. Removing MQ2WinTitle cleared the problem right up. It didn't matter if I used a vanilla MQ2WinTitle.ini file or customized it. Thoughts?

Having 2 problems with plugins atm:

1) MQ2Map *used to* have a TargetLine. The option is still there, but it hasn't worked (for me) for some time, with no changes to the INI file. I spent quite a lot of time trying to get it to work again (including changing the color of the line) to no avail. Any ideas?

2) I spent Sunday "auditing" my plugins. I added MQ2WinTitle and could no longer zone - all attempts to zone resulted in a crash to desktop. Removing MQ2WinTitle cleared the problem right up. It didn't matter if I used a vanilla MQ2WinTitle.ini file or customized it. Thoughts?
I'll take a look at both of those for you, and will get back to you when done.

Thanks.

htw