Home Subscriptions Forums Wiki Register Arcade User CP
Hello Guest, if you reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second to Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy the many features of our fine community.

Go Back   MMOBugs - Cheat Smarter > Premium EverQuest Forums > EverQuest Raid Strategies

EverQuest Raid Strategies Need ideas on how to kill something? Look here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2013
Premium Member

Glimpse, the Unseen

DISCLAIMER- This is only the information I currently know.. after I have beaten it a few more times and am able to give more concrete information I will edit this post with that.

Glimpse, the Unseen

Phase 1:

Glimpse: 100% - 75/70%

Attack Glimpse..

Every ~3% of health dropped, "a fragment of shadow" spawns.
You can't have more than 3 adds up at any given time or you trigger nasty AEs.

AT:
Spoiler:
Glimpse, the Unseen shouts 'You shall not escape my sight, YOURNAME. Your doom awaits!

I am still unclear on full mechanic of this AT, but I do know if you do nothing, you take a DT..

Some people had good results with running 300 range away, some faded and moved out of LoS, others DA'd themselves or got a target cleric DA.. I know for a fact that DA was the only 100% safe way for anyone.

Beat Glimpse down to 75-70% (not sure exactly) to advance to phase 2.

Phase 2:

3 A lesser shadow - 75/70%-10%

3 Tanks must be ready to split these 3 mobs up and take in opposite directions over 200 range to be safe.

We balanced them down to 50%, not sure if you have to balance, but it worked for us..

Phase 3:

Glimpse - 50%-25%

Ranged DPS Glimpse from 50%-25%.. It craps out giant blobs that you don't want to be inside of.. Simple tank/spank phase, rebuff dead and such during this phase and be ready for Phase 4..

Phase 4:

6 a fragment of shadow - 25%-0%

Have 6 tanks ready, these mobs are not overly difficult, but they have a bit of HP.

Offtank all 6 mobs, Kill the tallest model fragment.

If you select the wrong mob and kill it, a new fragment will respawn and all the others will be healed a bit.

After you kill the correct fragment, a chest spawns and you come here and like this post. Haha!

Hope this helps someone!
jamie75 and hailtheking thanks this.

Last edited by Aanorok; July 21st, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old July 19th, 2013
Lifetime Member

For the final phase, the NPC that is the tallest is the one that needs to be killed first. Alternatively, you can use /target a_fragment_of_shadow00 to find the correct one.

Edit: the /target method was nerfed some time ago.

Last edited by zdozbou; May 16th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old July 20th, 2013
Premium Member

50-25 the tank can back up slowly to keep the blobs from stacking up. Melee can stand in front if they back up when the tank does.

Just make sure you move him around away from where you plan to fight the 6 mobs so your tanks are not standing in blobs since they depop slow.
Old July 23rd, 2013
MMO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdozbou View Post
For the final phase, the NPC that is the tallest is the one that needs to be killed first. Alternatively, you can use /target a_fragment_of_shadow00 to find the correct one.
The target hotkey didn't work out, but we ended up looking for the tallest one and won.

Is there a hotkey to target the tallest NPC? A guildmate was saying Spawn.Height or something.
Old July 23rd, 2013
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothergeneric View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdozbou View Post
The target hotkey didn't work out, but we ended up looking for the tallest one and won.

Is there a hotkey to target the tallest NPC? A guildmate was saying Spawn.Height or something.
You can try this if you want. I just made it for you but I am not T4 so I have been unable to test it out. It *should* work but there are enough brains around here to fix any errors I may have made. Just make a hotkey for /mac frag and it will scan all of the fragments, compare their heights to the height defined in the mac and target the largest one. You will, however, need to provide the macro with the initial height of the largest one. I ran out of time so I wasn't able to finish the automated height checker portion of it but I will try to finish it tonight when I get off of work. This is my first attempt at working with arrays and messing around with other stuff so if my code is ugly, I apologize. Let me know if it works or whatever.

Concept is:

Scans all the mobs matching the name "a fragment of shadow"
Puts their IDs in to an Array
Gets the mobs height based on their ID then compares it to whatever you have set
Targets mob and ends the macro

Code:
Premium or Lifetime membership is required in order to view code entries
Attached Files
File Type: mac frag.mac (1.1 KB, 12 views )

Last edited by riot; July 23rd, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2013
Premium Member

I should also add that since this uses ${Spawn} instead of ${Target} it should be safe to use if you are an MA or MT since it won't be cycling all of the targets and only targets one specific mob which hopefully is the right mob. :)
Old July 23rd, 2013
Lifetime Member

/tar worked for me, also I noted that the same mob that target worked on was also the first mob on ext target auto hater
Old July 23rd, 2013
Premium Member

Next time one of you folks do this can you do an /echo ${Target.Height} for me please? :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Old July 23rd, 2013
Lifetime Member

Just add target height to hud.

Height=3,5,218,0,255,0,${If[${Raid.Members}>0,Height - ${Target.Height},]}

This will only show if you're in a raid so you dont have useless shit on the hud when not raiding.
Old July 23rd, 2013
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot View Post
Next time one of you folks do this can you do an /echo ${Target.Height} for me please? :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Tallest is 8.33, all the rest were 7.81